Of all 365 days in the year, there are some that tend to carry more weight. You’ve got your birthday (that’s a big one), the first day of summer (can’t forget that), and of course there’s 7/11’s Free Slurpee Day (we know what’s really important).
At PSU, we can think of a few more, though. The college application process can be confusing—so many dates and deadlines swirling around—so we figure we’d make it easy.
Here are the dates you should have on your calendar. Save them in your phone now (or on paper, if you’re old school).
Let’s talk money. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) becomes available! You need to fill out a FAFSA in order to be considered for financial aid, so don’t delay.
The big one. The mother of all deadlines. Better be ready…
…just kidding, it’s not that bad. This is the priority application deadline for the upcoming fall term (and the final deadline to apply to PSU to be eligible for WUE).
Here is what you’ll need to have to us by midnight on December 1:
- Your Admissions Application! Dec. 1 is the priority deadline for applications. We accept and review application on a rolling basis, but the sooner you apply, the better!
- Last day to apply to be PSU to be eligible for the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE). Another hard deadline, luckily, all you need to do is apply to PSU by Dec. 1. No separate application is required!
- Your PSU Scholarship Application, essays and references. This is a hard deadline, so you must get all your documents in by December 1. Get started early!
- Your Honors College application. This is a priority deadline, however, after December 1 students are far less likely to get Honors scholarships. Students who apply by December 1 will also get an Honors College admission decision by March 1. Submit the FAFSA here: fafsa.ed.gov. We have a rolling deadline for FAFSA as well, but with all things we’ve mentioned it’s best to do this early.
Deadline to submit the FAFSA to be eligible for Four Years Free (Oregon residents only).
Once you get an admission decision there are still a few important deadlines you’ll need to need to meet!
- Priority deadline to confirm your enrollment to PSU. This is a big decision, which is why we try to give you as much time as possible to make it. Apply early so you have enough time to weigh your options and make the choice that’s right for you. As soon as you confirm your enrollment you can sign up for New Student Orientation and start preparing for your first term as a PSU Viking! (May 1 is also the priority deadline to confirm enrollment in the Honors College, spots fill up, so confirm early!)
- Deadline to apply for on-campus housing during your first year.
Whew. We know, it’s a lot, but if you start early it’s a breeze. Applying to PSU is quick and easy because we do not require an admissions essay or letters of recommendation!
Deadline to submit final high school transcripts to PSU. (Required to prove eligibility for Four Years Free and WUE.)