We are committed to helping you graduate on time and with as little debt as possible. That’s why we created our new Transfers Finish Free program, which covers standard tuition and fees for Oregon residents while you work to get your degree, saving you thousands of dollars and helping you land that perfect career as soon as possible.
Here’s what you need to know about this exciting new program.
To qualify for Transfers Finish Free, you must:
- Be a current resident of Oregon
- Admissible to PSU as a transfer for the fall term (have at least 30 or more transferable quarter credits – 20 semester credits – earned after high school graduation)
- Have a 2.5 cumulative unweighted GPA
- Be eligible to receive a federal Pell grant as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Enrolled full-time at PSU with at least 12 credits
These are the dates you must add to your calendars so they don’t pass you by!
Submit the FAFSA (PSU FAFSA school code: 003216)
Apply to PSU
Deadline to submit final transcripts demonstrating a 2.5 cumulative, unweighted GPA
Steps to Apply
- Submit the FAFSA by July 1
PSU FAFSA school code: 003216
Accept all state and federal grants awarded
- Apply online to PSU by July 1
Submit all required admission materials including official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Submit final transcripts and outstanding financial aid documents by August 1
Keeping the Award is Easy
Retaining your Transfers Finish Free award is easy, simply:
- Complete the FAFSA each year by February 1
- Remain eligible for the federal Pell grant
- Enroll full-time each term (12-15 credits per term)
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
Students who take 12 or more credits per term are considered full time. This program covers base tuition and mandatory fees for the lesser of four academic years or the completion of graduation requirements.
To qualify, you must apply for federal and state grants. The program covers remaining standard tuition and mandatory fees after financial aid is applied.
Transfers Finish Free money does not cover room and board, books and supplies, transportation or personal expenses. Students are encouraged to apply for other grants and scholarships and to explore other options for paying for other expenses related to attending Portland State University.
Students will be notified that they are enrolled in the Transfers Finish Free program in their Financial Aid Award notification. Students who are enrolled in the program, but whose other grants and scholarships cover their Standard Tuition and Mandatory Fees may receive Transfers Finish Free money from Portland State University if their grants and scholarships do not cover the full cost of standard tuition and mandatory fees.
If you have questions about your eligibility or your financial aid award, contact email@example.com.